Minecraft International
Welcome to Minecraft International! If you're new, take a second to register and introduce yourself using the 'introduce yourself' category. Thank you for stopping by Smile I hope to see you again sometime!

~kwts
Minecraft International
Welcome to Minecraft International! If you're new, take a second to register and introduce yourself using the 'introduce yourself' category. Thank you for stopping by Smile I hope to see you again sometime!

~kwts
Minecraft International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCI's Information Gateway

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check back often, new posts and topics will be created and the community needs you!
Craft with us, hop on IP: play.minecraftinternational.net
MinecraftInternational would like to welcome all of its guests! Hope to see your face around.
Poll
How do you cook your nachos?
Microwave
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_vote_lcap44%Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 8 ]
Oven (fan forced)
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_vote_lcap22%Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
Grill
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_vote_lcap6%Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (I don't see how else one could cook nachos)
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_vote_lcap28%Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18
Latest topics
» Three Word Story
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 1:25 am by Zachsims520

» Hello, its me again!
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 1:10 am by Zachsims520

» White listed
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:56 am by Twister

» I don't know what to do here.
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:02 pm by sage

» Dish Network World Cup Cricket 2011 Channel / transfer dish network dvr to usb
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:05 am by Guest

» Hey, I'm twister
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:39 pm by God

» Oh look at that more lazy animations.
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 am by God

» Rolvak's Gmod Thread
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:30 am by Rolvak

» Minecraft username visible next to posts
Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm by God

Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 650 registered users
The newest registered user is faustomarshburn

Our users have posted a total of 11760 messages in 1400 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Minecraft Snapshot discussions

Go down 
+2
sage
ROCKduhHOUSE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ROCKduhHOUSE
Staff Sergeant
ROCKduhHOUSE

Posting Points : 53064

Minecraft Snapshot discussions Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 12:52 am

This is the official thread for discussing the weekly Minecraft snapshot, all its features, and anything related to it until the next update.

The four things that I want to talk about the most are the "rebalanced enchantment system," the updated trading with villagers, the "adventure" game mode, and the tripwire.

First, there's the enchantment system. According to the Minecraft Forums Facebook group, leveling has become easier. Do you think this is a good thing, or a bad thing? I think it's a bad thing, considering how easy it already is to level up. Kill a few pigs and you're already level 3, which can get you some pretty decent enchantments already.

Second, the trading with villagers got improved. Now, there are some transactions for which you are required 2 items to recieve one. For example, one trade offer I got on my singleplayer world is 10 gravel and an emerald for 2 flint (TOTAL RIPOFF DEAL).

Third, the "Adventure" game mode! There has not been much done for this, but the concept is that in this game mode you will be unable to break and place blocks, and will instead only be able to open doors, pull levers, press buttons, etc. This will make adventure maps much more secure, as players will be put into gamemode 2 and will be unable to build or destroy anything.

And lastly, the tripwire. What is your opinion on this? The concept is to have a hook on each side and some string in beetween, and when a player steps on it, the hooks will both be pulled down (working much like a lever), releasing a redstone current to any adjacent blocks. I think this feature was a waste of time. The only differences are appearance, where the current comes from, and that you have to use shears to harmlessly disarm a tripwire.

So, guys, what is your opinion of the snapshot(s)?
Back to top Go down
http://the-pivot-forum.niceboard.com
sage
Angel Of Death
sage

Posting Points : 56835

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:56 am

don't really care about any of those, except the adventure mode. i have yet to build or use a single enchanting table, like to gather my materials the old fashioned way, and can't be bothered with all of those fancy redstone gadgets out there. a new game mode, however, sounds great ^^

lol, idk... 10 gravel and an emerald for 2 flint sounds pretty good.
i mean, it's not like you can just convert gravel to flint or anything. Razz
Back to top Go down
kidwiththeshoes
Cobra Commander
kidwiththeshoes

Posting Points : 58387

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Haven't played them, but emralds sound sooo kickass!
Back to top Go down
ROCKduhHOUSE
Staff Sergeant
ROCKduhHOUSE

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:23 pm

The villagers are quite stingy. It takes 12 wool to get one emerald. From then you can get 3 fish for one emerald. This is a bit unreasonable considering how long it takes to get that wool.

Last edited by ROCKduhHOUSE on Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sage
Angel Of Death
sage

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:26 pm

12 wool doesn't sound like much, actually.
it's just 4 sheep, right?

how many emeralds is some iron worth?
Back to top Go down
ROCKduhHOUSE
Staff Sergeant
ROCKduhHOUSE

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Well, I don't know how much iron is worth (but a pair of shears costs 3 emeralds). The trading system right now only allows each villager to accept one item in exchange for another until you've traded a good deal. As you trade, the villagers accept you as friendly and give you more offers of trading.

The problem with the wool being worth so little is that at the current moment, it's rarer to find 4 sheep anywhere near each other (in anything but a swamp) than to find a vein of 7 diamonds, which is worth much more than 3 fish.

And to correct myself, it takes 18 wool to get an emerald, and it's an emerald for 4 pieces of bread, not for 3 fish.
Back to top Go down
sage
Angel Of Death
sage

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:59 pm

oh, okay then.

four loaves of bread and a pair of shears aren't really that hard to make. iron is extremely common now and farming isn't very hard or time consuming. eighteen wool for an emerald does sound like a ripoff when compared to the other two deals.

if they were to sell something, would it cost more than you would get by selling it?
like, in some games, the shops usually buy things for like 50% of the original value of the object and sell it for 100%
Back to top Go down
someoneudontno
Captain
someoneudontno

Posting Points : 47314

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:22 pm

Adventure mode=anti grief mode
Back to top Go down
ROCKduhHOUSE
Staff Sergeant
ROCKduhHOUSE

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:48 am

I don't know too much about the trading, since I only spent a half hour with it. What I do know, though, is that 11 cooked fish should not be worth the same as 4 loaves of bread, so it's obvious that no matter what, the player is on the losing end of the deals.
Back to top Go down
Warptrap
Major
Warptrap

Posting Points : 51053

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:38 am

Jeb should have looked at the millenaire mod and based the trading off of that. You traded with villagers and they gave you coins for your good, the normal copper, silver, gold. You could also donate goods to the town hall towards the towns building projects so that the more you helped the town the more it grows. I really loved having that mod it is so much better than the NPC's now.
Back to top Go down
kidwiththeshoes
Cobra Commander
kidwiththeshoes

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:49 am

someoneudontno wrote:
Adventure mode=anti grief mode

What do you mean :O?
Back to top Go down
someoneudontno
Captain
someoneudontno

Posting Points : 47314

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:27 am

i mean if you can't break blocks,no griefing
Back to top Go down
kidwiththeshoes
Cobra Commander
kidwiththeshoes

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:36 am

Oh I see. I don't know much about adventure mode.
Back to top Go down
ROCKduhHOUSE
Staff Sergeant
ROCKduhHOUSE

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Adventure mode is basically survival mode minus destroying and placing things. You can still pull levers, fight monsters, push buttons, ride minecarts, etc.
Back to top Go down
photoguy229
Admin
Admin
photoguy229

Posting Points : 43839

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:08 pm

^^ Basically, it's a permission administrator's dream.
Back to top Go down
kidwiththeshoes
Cobra Commander
kidwiththeshoes

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:41 am

Oh my :O That sounds delicious!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Snapshot discussions   Minecraft Snapshot discussions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Snapshot discussions
Page 1 of 1