Minecraft International
Welcome to Minecraft International! If you're new, take a second to register and introduce yourself using the 'introduce yourself' category. Thank you for stopping by Smile I hope to see you again sometime!

~kwts
Minecraft International
Welcome to Minecraft International! If you're new, take a second to register and introduce yourself using the 'introduce yourself' category. Thank you for stopping by Smile I hope to see you again sometime!

~kwts
Minecraft International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCI's Information Gateway

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check back often, new posts and topics will be created and the community needs you!
Craft with us, hop on IP: play.minecraftinternational.net
MinecraftInternational would like to welcome all of its guests! Hope to see your face around.
Poll
How do you cook your nachos?
Microwave
Changing the Frame Rate I_vote_lcap44%Changing the Frame Rate I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 8 ]
Oven (fan forced)
Changing the Frame Rate I_vote_lcap22%Changing the Frame Rate I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
Grill
Changing the Frame Rate I_vote_lcap6%Changing the Frame Rate I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (I don't see how else one could cook nachos)
Changing the Frame Rate I_vote_lcap28%Changing the Frame Rate I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18
Latest topics
» Three Word Story
Changing the Frame Rate I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 1:25 am by Zachsims520

» Hello, its me again!
Changing the Frame Rate I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 1:10 am by Zachsims520

» White listed
Changing the Frame Rate I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:56 am by Twister

» I don't know what to do here.
Changing the Frame Rate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:02 pm by sage

» Dish Network World Cup Cricket 2011 Channel / transfer dish network dvr to usb
Changing the Frame Rate I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:05 am by Guest

» Hey, I'm twister
Changing the Frame Rate I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:39 pm by God

» Oh look at that more lazy animations.
Changing the Frame Rate I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 am by God

» Rolvak's Gmod Thread
Changing the Frame Rate I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:30 am by Rolvak

» Minecraft username visible next to posts
Changing the Frame Rate I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm by God

Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 650 registered users
The newest registered user is faustomarshburn

Our users have posted a total of 11760 messages in 1400 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Changing the Frame Rate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zed
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Zed

Posting Points : 54044

Changing the Frame Rate Empty
PostSubject: Changing the Frame Rate   Changing the Frame Rate I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:30 pm

Changing the Frame Rate

The frame rate is the term for how fast your animation is running. It is measured in frames per second (fps). Higher frame rates make your animations run faster, and this makes them look more smooth. It does, however, mean that you will need to put more effort into your animating because you will need to make more frames with smaller spacing.

When Animating

If you want to view what you've done so far at a different frame rate (making it play faster or slower) then you simply need to use this bar.

Changing the Frame Rate Pivotfps

Sliding it up will increase the frame rate, making it faster. Sliding it down will do the opposite.

When Saving

When you save as a .piv file you don't need to do anything - you can just set the speed with the bar again next time you open it. When you want to show people your animation, however, you will need to save in .gif format. When you have set it as a .gif and click 'save' you will get this screen:

Changing the Frame Rate Pivotsaving

The highlighted number is the frame rate - in this version it is displayed in hundreths of a second, being the time that each frame will be shown for before the next one comes in. This means that if you want to make your animation run quickly, you need to set it lower. If you want your animation slowed down then you will need to set it higher.

The fastest an animation will run at is 100fps (1 hundreth of a second). You do not want it that fast. No one can animate at that speed. It is physically impossible in pivot anyway unless you've scaled up by about 8 to get the detail in and have double framed everything. Any slower than 12fps (8 hundreths of a second) and the illusion of movement will be lost and your animation will look choppy. There may well be a limit to how slow you can set it, but I haven't found it. At that speed, you might as well use MS Power Point.

The recomended fps is 16/17 (6 hundreths of a second). Coincidentally, that's the only rate which it is possible to upload an animation at if you are going to do it in the traditional way. Any other rate and it automatically slows down to something like 5fps and nothing looks good down there. The only way to show people an animation of a different frame rate is to import it into flash. If you have flash, it's not too difficult (something like file > import > browse or whatever. It should be intuitive. If not, ask someone in the flash section who looks friendly). If you don't have flash, you can either download the free 30 day trial, or you can ask someone very very nicely. Not me, I'm afraid. My 30 days have expired. And I wouldn't dream of advocating piracy. CronosXIII will usually help you out if approach from the front holding a sugar lump on the flat of your hand.

((Note: Unfortunately Cronos doesn't exist in this world. You have to create an account on SPP or DD to find him. You may well be better off with the trial.))
Back to top Go down
http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums

Changing the Frame Rate
Page 1 of 1