Minecraft International
Welcome to Minecraft International! If you're new, take a second to register and introduce yourself using the 'introduce yourself' category. Thank you for stopping by Smile I hope to see you again sometime!

~kwts
Minecraft International
Welcome to Minecraft International! If you're new, take a second to register and introduce yourself using the 'introduce yourself' category. Thank you for stopping by Smile I hope to see you again sometime!

~kwts
Minecraft International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MCI's Information Gateway

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check back often, new posts and topics will be created and the community needs you!
Craft with us, hop on IP: play.minecraftinternational.net
MinecraftInternational would like to welcome all of its guests! Hope to see your face around.
Poll
How do you cook your nachos?
Microwave
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap44%Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 8 ]
Oven (fan forced)
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap22%Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
Grill
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (I don't see how else one could cook nachos)
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap28%Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18
Latest topics
» Three Word Story
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 1:25 am by Zachsims520

» Hello, its me again!
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 1:10 am by Zachsims520

» White listed
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:56 am by Twister

» I don't know what to do here.
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:02 pm by sage

» Dish Network World Cup Cricket 2011 Channel / transfer dish network dvr to usb
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:05 am by Guest

» Hey, I'm twister
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:39 pm by God

» Oh look at that more lazy animations.
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 am by God

» Rolvak's Gmod Thread
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:30 am by Rolvak

» Minecraft username visible next to posts
Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm by God

Top posting users this month
No user
Statistics
We have 650 registered users
The newest registered user is faustomarshburn

Our users have posted a total of 11760 messages in 1400 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Zed's Thread

Go down 
+6
ROCKduhHOUSE
LeoZXC
ghostly
PivotsAndStuff
kidwiththeshoes
Zed
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ROCKduhHOUSE
Staff Sergeant
ROCKduhHOUSE

Posting Points : 53524

Zed's Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:17 pm

good update! I seem to think you're not even trying and you're great!
Back to top Go down
http://the-pivot-forum.niceboard.com
LeoZXC
Bronze Star Member
LeoZXC

Posting Points : 52470
Location : North Korea. No i'm kidding Hong Kong. No seriously, Hong Kong you know China?

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:16 am

I think that your newest sword one is GREAT!
however now that it doesn't have a trail it looks a bit odd..
I think you should have kept a trail, but not as long lasting as the one in SPP Very Happy
also did you think about giving some resistance to cutting through the red guy?
because when you cut through him it was almost like he wasn't there... o.O
but otherwise good overall. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ROCKduhHOUSE
Staff Sergeant
ROCKduhHOUSE

Posting Points : 53524

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:00 am

he said he's GOING to add a trail.
Back to top Go down
http://the-pivot-forum.niceboard.com
Zed
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Zed

Posting Points : 54024

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:47 pm

ROCKduhHOUSE wrote:
he said he's GOING to add a trail.

Yeah, but I did have one previously. It was different type to the one I intend to add. I had it like this:

Link deleted

but how it's going to be is as though the sword was sort of morphed out of shape if you know what I mean. The kind of solid triangular trail.

LeoZXC wrote:
I think that your newest sword one is GREAT!
however now that it doesn't have a trail it looks a bit odd..
I think you should have kept a trail, but not as long lasting as the one in SPP Very Happy
also did you think about giving some resistance to cutting through the red guy?
because when you cut through him it was almost like he wasn't there... o.O
but otherwise good overall. Very Happy

I hadn't really thought about it. It would be quite hard to show, and I don't know whether or not it would look right, but I might take a look at it. You think about some interesting things that I miss. It's good to get your cc.

Last edited by Zed on Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums
sage
Angel Of Death
sage

Posting Points : 57295

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:00 pm

the sword one is amazing
Back to top Go down
LeoZXC
Bronze Star Member
LeoZXC

Location : North Korea. No i'm kidding Hong Kong. No seriously, Hong Kong you know China?

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:40 am

I like it!
its definitely one of your best. am i right when I say that the orange dude is supposed to come on with dual swords? If so, it might be because its not done, but something seems a bit off.
lol! I honestly couldn't tell you, but take a look at it.

also, the green guy, I just noticed. I like the roll very smooth. however if you get slashed upwards with a sword are you going to roll? lol this is a suggestion and since it would mean changing the whole of the green guys movements you better not do it now, but keep it in mind. I like how he gets thrown up, but maybe have the legs from the knees down separate because thats where the sword meets the green guy. so then you can have the green guy in the same end position, but making it clear that the legs are off. Also, if you can pull it off it looks all the more impressive. remember, just an idea to take into consideration. Very Happy

also, I know what you mean, those trails, although quite basic, can make it seem like the sword is moving much faster. I don't blurring works so well in this case because the background isn't white. But the trails you will use will work better because all they follow is the colour of the swords

I'll make a tutorial for basic trails and add some sticks I made a while back. However, I would suggest that if you do make trails, look at the one on SPP. Theres a trail tutorial there. The trails there are amazing, however, the links are broken Evil or Very Mad

So I suggest you look at the pictures left behind, they show how detailed trails can be.
I might also look at some tuts from droidz and try to help make a basic stick making tut What a Face
also, you might want to think about the colour of the swords, its kinda hard to make out what they ACTUALLY look like. cuz to me it kinda looks like grey sticks, but I have an eye infection so wtv Razz

haha thanks man, I just happen to see it :/
its good to see Im not being overly critical, I was afraid I was :S
Back to top Go down
Zed
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Zed

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Don't worry about over-ccing. That shouldn't be possible. Even if you got some stuff wrong it'd tell me how people were looking at my animation, and animating should be more about how the viewer sees it than the animator anyway.

Basically the green guy was just sort of knocked over. At the time the sword was a long way away, although there's not much contrast with the floor after the gifrape unfortunately so you can't see it easily. I wanted black for the swords originally, but that didn't show up against the top of the background. It's a shame, because it's a really nice background, but it's causing a huge number of problems.

Like I said, I'll have to do something about that green guy, because you're not the first who hasn't been able to see what's happening.
Back to top Go down
LeoZXC
Bronze Star Member
LeoZXC

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:45 am

well did you think about making them just a bit of a lighter grey? or perhaps white?
Back to top Go down
Zed
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Zed

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:01 am

I didn't like the look of the lighter grey. White would work, although it may be a bit odd as a colour for a sword.
Back to top Go down
LeoZXC
Bronze Star Member
LeoZXC

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:05 am

it can look cool if its the right type of sword.
If you want I can help you make one
Back to top Go down
Zed
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Zed

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:20 am

Don't worry about it, I'll make it myself. Thanks for the offer though.
Back to top Go down
LeoZXC
Bronze Star Member
LeoZXC

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:39 am

lol np
good luck with your anim,
yours is pretty amazing
but Im not outta the fight yet >.>
Back to top Go down
Zed
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Zed

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Speed animation. First one is less than 30 seconds per frame. Second is just under a minute.

Both are supposed to be imported to flash but it's being a bitch with me so I have to try to get someone else to do it and he may not be done 'til tomorrow. Basically, ignore the random appearing guys on the first one because only visible people would be on the screen. The width would be sorted too.

Also, everyone would be grey in the end so they wouldn't look as out of place against the backgrounds as they do - I just wanted an onionskin. There's a story to it too which explains the backgrounds but I'm too lazy to tell it here.

Lastly, imagine that the second background hasn't been gif raped and has shading. I should also credit DrColosos with its creation.

Right.

Zed's Thread - Page 2 Bigfightsceneuntraced

Zed's Thread - Page 2 Graveyardshowdown-3
Back to top Go down
kidwiththeshoes
Cobra Commander
kidwiththeshoes

Posting Points : 58847

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Wow I love the new ones Smile
Back to top Go down
LeoZXC
Bronze Star Member
LeoZXC

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:25 pm

I like em! they are totally awesome!
the only problem with the second one is that when the red one throws the green one, it is tooooo fast. give it a bit more anticipation. also the physics of the green guy when he lands on his back are good, but its a bit stiff. the head also bobs a little but its not coordinated with the body when it lands. also the legs. they aren't straight so it can seem a little odd. my suggestion is for the whole time that he is on the floor, add a WHITE line (or black i dunno considering your background) and follow it to help keep the guys legs straight. also they're kinda stiff when they land. if you were aiming for that kind of landing then ok, but from here it looks a littttttle stiff Razz

otherwise, very well eased. its definitely one of your best zed

id rather not comment on the first because im a bit thrown off by them coming out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Zed
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Zed

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:42 am

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
LeoZXC
Bronze Star Member
LeoZXC

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:56 am

now im wondering if you're angry with me :S
Back to top Go down
Zed
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Zed

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:12 am

Why would I be angry with you? You're giving good cc and making me better.
Back to top Go down
LeoZXC
Bronze Star Member
LeoZXC

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:16 am

lol, after you've finished making those changes you might want to consider trailing the the reddish guy when he makes the backflip and hes spinning in mid air. i dunno, it just looks like its SAYING: "traill meeeeeee... TRAILLLLL MEEEEEEEEEE..."
im just saying. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mark
Bronze Star Member
Mark

Posting Points : 52479

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:03 pm

Dammit Zed
You can get intermediate EASY

You have perfect movements and you know wat anticipation is xD

But you have to do more......You have to add a little more to what you have.

Moving backgrounds....
Particles
IDK

Just something :T
Back to top Go down
LeoZXC
Bronze Star Member
LeoZXC

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:46 pm

yea that little something that makes the animations more "flashy" Razz
Back to top Go down
pivguy
corporal
pivguy

Posting Points : 52293

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 6:25 am

cool animations
your like... inters Shocked

lol!

Notice: A word has been eviscerated from this post. It began with a c. If I ever see the word around here again I will start dishing out warnings. There should never be any need to ask people for comments. Everyone's threads should be looked at by everyone and commented on by anyone who has anything to say.
~Zed
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AdrenalineAnims
Zed
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Zed

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
pivguy
corporal
pivguy

Posting Points : 52293

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:07 am

Zed wrote:
Speed animation. First one is less than 30 seconds per frame. Second is just under a minute.

Both are supposed to be imported to flash but it's being a bitch with me so I have to try to get someone else to do it and he may not be done 'til tomorrow. Basically, ignore the random appearing guys on the first one because only visible people would be on the screen. The width would be sorted too.

Also, everyone would be grey in the end so they wouldn't look as out of place against the backgrounds as they do - I just wanted an onionskin. There's a story to it too which explains the backgrounds but I'm too lazy to tell it here.

Lastly, imagine that the second background hasn't been gif raped and has shading. I should also credit DrColosos with its creation.

Right.

Zed's Thread - Page 2 Bigfightsceneuntraced

Zed's Thread - Page 2 Graveyardshowdown-3

are these flash? bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AdrenalineAnims
Zed
Chief Warrant Officer 2
Zed

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:11 pm

No. Those are pivot. These are flash:

http://filebox.me/view/vx4ienj02
http://filebox.me/view/mrbsribwf

They're higher quality when zoomed because there are no pixels, but shaky because I'm a crap flasher so I traced them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zed's Thread   Zed's Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zed's Thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next